Highlight For Dark Skin | Mac Gold Deposit



Highlighting and contouring changed my makeup life, I cannot do my makeup without my highlight and contour. I can't! I love makeup, but I am not a makeup collector. Once I find a product that does the job, I just stick to it. Mac's Gold deposit is one of my holy grail products. I discovered it in the Summer of 2013 on Keek (Do you guys remember keek before instgram videos shut it down?).



I've been using the same one I bought in 2013 and it looks like I haven't touched it. A little goes a long way. When you open it, it will look a little rough, some people refer to that rough look as chalky but when applied right, it ends up looking like butter (soft) on your skin. My girlfriend Dadouchic got me Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector in Topaz, which a lot of black beauty gurus rave about but it does not come close to the amount of life that I get from Gold Deposit. I can make a comparison post if you guys are interested.


I use my trusty $3 Elf Fan brush to apply, which I also bought in 2013 (still holding up). I usually apply my highlight on the highest point of my cheekbones for a lifted effect, down the bridge of my nose (sometimes only on the tip of the nose, depending on how I feel), in the center of my forehead and/or above my brows, on my cupid's bow to further define my lips and on my chin. I use a "circle technique" to apply on the highest point of my cheekbones.  I kind of move my hand in a circular motion right in that tight and straight area. I know that didn't make sense to you. I will be posting a highlight tutorial soon on youtube to show you what I mean.



And the result is a very subtle highlight. Sometimes I like to smile and take the highlight down to the tip of the apples of my cheeks as seen in the photos above. For reference I am an NW45 in Mac Foundation. PS. I like my photos really bright but I wanted to show you how it looks without bright lights that's why I posted 2 of the same photos

This is my first beauty post, how did I do? Do you like it? Do you want more? Let me know in the comments. I was inspired by a workshop that I attended a couple of weeks ago to break up the content here. I had to go through a few hoops to get my beauty camera to work (Sony NEX 5T). Now that I have it working, I can totally create more beauty posts if you want more.

Thanks for stopping by. See you very soon!

Au-revoir,
Deb

SHOP THE POST


Follow

No comments